Saturday, July 05, 2008

Jungle Love

These are for (in order) my nephew, 6 mos., my niece, 3.5 years, and her brother, 6 mos. I thought they should have matching outfits for the 4th of July.  

This was the first thing I've sewn in quite a while. And probably not the best thing to start with because it took me almost all day, even though I've sewn it a few times in the past. It has a lot of steps, and the snaps took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to put them on, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

Close up of the snaps, which are very easy once you figure it out.
I'm really hoping this dress fits. I only had a pattern for a 12 month old, and the 12 month old is now 3 and a half, so I did my best to adjust the pattern but am fully prepared to add some side panels or extend the straps if necessary.  

Small shorts. I really do not like trying to make a tiny narrow hem in a tiny leg opening, so I devised these cuffs to incorporate the strips and avoid the whole hemming issue.  

All the buttons are on, the stray threads snipped, the fabric was washed and dried before sewing, and even the elastic waist seam is closed.  I think I'm going to make a gift bag for the dress, and then some bean bags with the left over fabric.  

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable is this!!! Very cool, Laine. Your talent and creativity never ceases to amaze me! :D

7/05/2008 9:55 AM  
Blogger Taradactyl in a Modern World said...

I love them all! Lucky nephews and neice!

7/05/2008 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home