Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fall Collection Preview


Given the problems that this fabric and pattern have given me so far, I am not sure if it will actually be done in time for the start of nursery school, but we can hope. Here is a list of the snafus so far: 
  • Zipper needed to be sewn in at least 3 times. My stitch ripper is getting dull. I finally basted it and then sewed, but I still don't like it.
  • Cut the back on the fold, and started to cut the front not on the fold and then realized it was wrong. But figured it would be ok to keep the back cut on the fold, until I realized that would mean it was 1 1/4 inches too big which matters because of the hood. So now I have to take the back in by 1 1/4 inches. 
  • Had to sew the shoulder seams about 3 times each because the fabric kept stretching. I think I need to switch to my roller foot and baste the seams.  
But I love the fabric and I think it will get easier, so I'm going to keep plugging away. Burda patterns always are a little tricky in the beginning

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

I just came across your blog, and can I just say how talented you are?! Awesome stuff! Some questions - do you sell your diapers, clothes, etc? If so, where? Also, did you make your own diaper pattern or where did you get it?

9/04/2008 8:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

No? You don't sell them?

9/10/2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger laine said...

Sorry for the late reply! I don't sell them. The diaper pattern I use is the Very Baby pattern.

9/10/2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home